Terms & Conditions
- On occasion we photograph our cakes & sweet tables and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.~
- If your cake or cakes require a stand, and in the case of sweet tables with glassware, a security deposit must be left with us at the time of final payment in order to ensure safe return of the equipment. We will return this security deposit when the equipment is returned to us in original condition no later than one week past the event date. The security deposit is forfeit if equipment is not returned by agreed ‘Equipment Return Date’.
- Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions. Let Them Eat Cakes is not responsible for any allergic reactions.
- The date of your final payment (two weeks before the event) is the final date for any changes of size, style or flavours of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
- Delivery and setup is at a rate of £1.33 a mile and set up is £25, for weddings and large events these charges are part or wholly included in the quoted price.
- Your initial deposit reserves your event date and is non-refundable.
We must receive the balance by the due date agreed, normally 2 weeks before the event.
- We are not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table, and optimal room temperature of 23 degrees C or below.
- If flowers are provided by an outside source, you acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants.
- If you or your representative elect to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves our possession.
- On occasion we may need to substitute your sweet choice for a similar product.
- Let Them Eat Cakes assumes no liability for the sweets jars or cake stands if they are broken while they are on loan. Caution should be used, especially if children are present at the event. Broken glassware should be dealt with immediately by a responsible adult - Let Them Eat Cakes assumes no liability. All sweets are outsourced to bulk and wholesalers, nothing is made by Let Them Eat Cakes, because of this we cannot guarantee the ingredients used in all sweets. It is your responsibility to inform the guests who may have allergies that the buffet is not nut-free or gluten free and may have come in contact with nuts.